The purpose of this program is to promote exterior maintenance, rehabilitation and exterior improvements of commercial buildings in order to enhance the overall appearance, quality and vitality of downtown Williston.
- Grant funds are limited to 50% of the total project cost up to $20,000.
- Buildings on corner lots are allowed max funding of $40,000.
- Project must be located within the C4 zoning district (downtown) and must be a commercial property.
- Pre-approval of design must be approved by the Williston planning and building departments.
- Rehabilitation projects must address every story of the building façade.
- Application requires an initial business consultation with the Small Business Development Center.
City of Williston Renaissance Zone:
The objective of the Renaissance Zone is to encourage private investment to develop, renovate, rehabilitate and revitalize the downtown area. The objective is to offer financial incentives that will encourage investment within the Zone needed to produce desired economic, commercial, residential and entertainment outcomes.
Projects within the City’s Renaissance Zone may be eligible for both state income tax exemptions and local property tax exemptions.
For more information on the Renaissance Zone contact:
City of Williston Planning and Zoning
113 4th Street East
Williston, ND 58801